Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Sunday, March 13, 2011

About me, and my movie of the week

First off, I love movies, TV and music, the arts color every aspect of my life. They paint pictures, provide background and change my mood on a daily basis. I created this blog to put down the thoughts that run through my head after I've seen a movie or watched a TV show or listened to a great (or not so great) piece of music.

I have been an actor for about 15 years, so this blog will contain snippets from my journey as an actor. that's always good for a laugh or some insight.


I watch a lot of movies, read a lot of books and listen to a lot of music. Every week I will talk about what I watched or listened to.


This weekend I went to see "Battle: Los Angeles"
It was like an amusement ride that scares the shit out of you and makes you a little nauseous, but you can't wait to go again.
Aaron Eckhart was perfect marine material, you rooted for him from the very beginning.
What I loved most was they took time for character development so it wasn't just body count. You got a chance to care about what happened to the characters.  The story was there and you wanted to be a part of it. Don't get me wrong their was plenty of edge of your seat excitement and incredible special effects. But I was involved in an actual story, unlike a previous alien movie which was just , well just bad. You know the one I'm talking about, yes 
"Skyline" which seemed to be written by drunken frat boys after a kegger. 
So back to Battle, the aliens were, well out of this world.  All the actors believed in what they were doing so we believed. I was rooting for them and they delivered.
One thing they probably didn't expect was it made you think about all the men and women serving in the armed forces all over the world who put their emotional and physical lives on the line every day.  We only wish they didn't have to.  Oorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment