Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Friday, April 1, 2011

TV night, must be "Criminal Minds"

It was the first episode sans Prentiss. All in all an episode that was well written and held my interest.The mental illness storyline was disturbingly real. It tied in well with "Reid's" fear of inheriting his mother's mental illness. Which also brings to mind how much I miss Jane Lynch who played Reid's Mom and was perfection. Which brings me to the imagination stretching "Seavers".  She is just not believable as a profiler. A. she's too young and B. SHE doesn't even believe her character. Just because her "Father" was a serial killer doesn't make her a profiler. Hell my father was a helicopter mechanic, but I know shit about helicopters. Maybe her character would be better suited as a victim's advocate.

"Criminal Minds" has had so many cast changes, most were good choices. When Mandy Patinkin left I did no mourning.The David Rossi (Joe Mantegna) character was a great addition to the cast and he had an interesting back story. When Elle Greenaway (Lola Glaudini) left, no tears, she was a bad fit.  A much better choice was Emily Prentiss (Paget Brewster) she had better chemistry with the others and I liked the friction she had with Hotch (Thomas Gibson).

I really want "Criminal Minds" to continue, but it has to get out of it's own way. I look forward to Season 7 (possibly minus "Seaver". think believability and chemistry) and Hotch's (Thomas Gibson) storyline about the fallout of all the challenges he faced during other Seasons.. divorce, assault, the murder of his wife,one of his team members committing murder and the loss of  two team members.  So come on get it together CBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment