Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Saturday, April 9, 2011

You know the drill..tv night equals "Criminal Minds"

It takes me a bit to digest the "Criminal Minds" episode of the week, lest I get too venomous.  Seaver: "She's like a bouncing ball" Me: Shut up. There I got that out of the way, I will try to review this episode without mentioning Seaver (Rachel Nichols). I will just say thank god she only had about 5 insipid lines in an otherwise throughly engrossing episode.
I actually really liked this episode. The BAU is called to Tampa to catch a woman who seems to be on a rampage. There is always something extra disturbing about a woman killer (as an actress I'd love that role). Kelli Martin was haunting as a grieving mother reaching out for the "help" she felt she was denied during a crisis.
The story within a story involved the teams reaction to the "death" of Emily Prentiss. Hotch (Thomas Gibson) was charged with taking the temperature of the team. Saving them the scrutiny of Chief Strauss. Rossi (Joe Mantegna) voiced what we were all thinking. How is Hotch (Thomas Gibson) dealing with his own tumultuous year?
 Thomas Gibson gave one of his best performances this season. Especially his scenes with the grieving mother (Kelli Martin). We have 3 more new episodes left in season 6 and I see a glimmer of hope that CM will get back to the type of work that drew us there in the first place. Minus Seaver (Hey I can hope, can't I) Nuff said

No comments:

Post a Comment