Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bits and Bobs

It's been a while since I've updated private dealings and my "Criminal Minds" reviews. CM had a few weeks of reruns. They return this week with the last three episodes of the season. :(  I will return to my reviews then. They get approximately seven weeks off then back to production. Still waiting for Thomas Gibson and Shemar Moore to sign new contracts. (I shall perish the thought of that not happening). 


Now whats happening on the home front. No new work yet, but that's how it goes. My agent swears with summer almost full on we will see an upswing in work. I hang my hat on that.  Hubby and I are trying once again to gear up for summer singing gigs. Putting together our song list, tweaking here and there. I have actually finished writing my very first song in about 2 years. It's about the passage of time and keeping dreams alive. I'm proud of being able to embrace the process, after my self-imposed hiatus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TUCMPmVVM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=ULMusic -wise  I'm listening to Elton of course, but also Angelique Kidjo she extraordinary. I have been indulging my guilty pleasure Josh Groban (there I said it). his voice is so perfect, every note he sings pulls you in. His "Bells of New York City" and "February song" are mellifluous. He makes it seem effortless.
Book-wise I am reading the prolific, unbridled king of murder and mayhem John Connolly's "Book of lost things". I have to pace myself when reading his books, simply because I don't want them to end.
Well that's my bits,  can't say I'm waiting for Edward Allen Benero to call, he's left CM, but there is always new head writer Erica Messer. fingers crossed... I'm gonna give my agent a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment