Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Monday, May 9, 2011

GOD OF THUNDER!!!!

Ok, I couldn't help myself. Yes, my Reel of the week is "THOR". To top it off I saw it in 3D. It was quite by accident that I went to the 3D version. I wanted to go to the first showing on the first day (I'm a geek like that) I did it for the" LORD OF THE RINGS" trilogy also.
I'm sure most of you know the story of THOR . Would-be King THOR is banished to earth by his father, King Odin, because of his immaturity and impetuousness . Shattering the fragile peace of the nine realms. THOR must learn his lessons to reclaim his hammer and the throne.
Anthony Hopkins gives his usual stellar performance as King Odin. I was a little leery at first when I heard THOR would be played by Chris Hemsworth of STAR TREK fame. But he proved me wrong and was up to the task. He played THOR with an abundance of charm and humor also quite a bit of sex appeal!
The film was directed by Kenneth Branaugh. There was much grumbling at his choice of African American actor  Idris Elba to play Heimdall, the gatekeeper. Authenticity, Viking mytholgy, Blah,blah,blah. I applaud Branaughs creativity and vision.
THOR was a triumph, a comic book jumping off the page. A rollicking good time. Take an afternoon and watch THOR wield that Hammer. You'll love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment