Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bits & Bobs

Yes, I admit it, I've been a bit of a slacker. I have a good excuse... It's summer! Things are a little slow.
Ok, what's been going on?  The life of an actor continues. Last month I had a chance to audition in front of 20 film, theatre and production folk.  It was simultaneously scary, nerve-wracking and exhilarating. I was glad I did it, and glad when it as over. Now I wait for the jobs to come rolling in (the consummate dreamer).
The song writing is going well, there is always a plethora of material at my finger tips.
I start a new dance class next week. I plan to master African dance.  There is always room on ones' resume for one more thing.   I think summer and dance go together, the sun makes me feel like I can do anything.

Musically, I have been listening to Cat Stevens "Tea for the Tillerman". It's a great CD, and reminds me of one of my favorite movies. "Harold and Maude".  It makes me all smiley!!
The pages I'm turning bookwise are  John Connolly's "The Whisperers". Another great Charlie Parker novel. Can one be in love with a fictional character?  The way John Connolly writes them, you just can't help it.  I look forward to our time together. Is that strange... Don't answer that, I just want to continue on the road I'm on. Must go, can't keep Charlie waiting.
Reel of the week soon!   Also a bit of CM news. Thomas Gibson has signed a new contract. The cast and crew have returned to work. As I write they are filming episode 701. YEA! The new season begins September 21rst.  So we will have to be happy with season 5 on ION television until September or get out and enjoy the summer, I shall dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment