Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ain't nothing but a Wednesday Thing!

Ok I am so definitely behind on checking in with the BAU, but that's water under the bridge. Onward and upward. November 2nd's episode "Epilogue" finds the BAU called to California on the trail of a serial killer who kills young men and dumps their bodies in nearby lakes. Hotch and the team discover from the autopsies that the UNSUB is drowning and reviving the victims repeatedly, the reason for this we find out later. This episode was written by Rick Dunkle (pictured below with Thomas Gibson) who also wrote one of my favorite episodes "Slave of Duty". I thought the flashbacks  really gave you a window into what factors into the making of a serial killer.


Meanwhile a side story involving Rossi and a question his first wife asked of him in a previous episode weighs heavy on his mind. My only problem with this part of the episode was how quickly it resolved itself. I would have liked it to be revisited in a few more episodes before ending so quickly. I think it was a missed opportunity to check in on Rossi's tender side a bit more. All in all it was a great story, I'm also enjoying JJ's new role as a profiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment