Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Checking in with the BAU

This weeks episode of Criminal Minds entitled "Hope" was definitely Garcia (Kirsten Vangsness) driven. Garcia is the moderator of a survivor support group and one of the members is abducted after a meeting. Garcia calls in the team to help. The woman (Brigid Brannaugh) was abducted on the 7th anniversary of her own daughters abduction. Criminal Minds was really digging deep into the ick, ickky bag for this episode when it is revealed exactly what the abductor did with both mother and daughter. It was a tense episode, but even I found this episode discomfiting. I'm pretty hardy when it comes to Murder & Mayhem, maybe it touched the pit of my stomach because I have a child, albeit grown but still....
I think this is one episode that needed a little more of the team side stories to help it go down a little easier, but all in all Kim Harrison (writer) did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment