Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Friday, September 7, 2012

Do in Dublin Day 6








































































Day 6 in Dublin was lots of fun. I started out taking a fabulous tour of the Monastic ruins of Glendalough with John's partner Jennie. The ruins were so full of the energy of the people that lived there. To be able to walk through the remains of the homes and churches where people lived so long ago was humbling. Just Imagining all the time in effort that it took to build those stone structures with the tools that were avalible during 11th century gave me pause. Later jennie and I went down to the water with John & Jennie's dogs Sasha & Coco, the dogs needed a cool-off after the long walk through the ruins.
On the way back to Dublin we stopped and I took pictures of the bogs in Sallybog. I also took a great picture overlooking Dublin.
The evening continued with John's BOOKS TO DIE FOR launch at Dubray's Book shop on Grafton street. It was a great turnout. Many of the authors who contributed to the book were on hand to sign copies. After,we all headed to Doheny & Nesbitt, a lovely old pub on the street where I am staying. We partied and there were lots of drinkies (YAY), before I headed home for slumber.

2 comments:

  1. Oh snap girl! The photos are awesome! Reminds me of when I went to Ireland in 1993! How lovely! You're making me want to make the journey! And a kiwi margarita? Come on now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures -- I wanna go too!!! I am definitely having thoughts in that direction. H-m-m-m-m-m, horsebacking riding in Ireland. How special would that be? You are banging it out, sister girl! What a great addition to your "memory bank"!

    ReplyDelete