Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Special Bits & Bobs (A TD Bank Rant)

Today I still sit seething as I go over my frustrating day spent trying to get the answer to a simple question from TD Bank. The question? "Why are you taking $4.00 a month out of my savings & checking accounts  and calling it a "maintenance fee". What are you maintaining? You are taking my hard-earned money and keeping it for yourself. Because I am too poor to maintain a $250 balance? Does that make sense? You are taking my money, that you did not earn and pocketing it. Their answer? "It's our policy: They simply repeated it over and over like a mantra.
My savings account earns between 2 & 3 cents a month and they take $4.00. People who maintain a balance between $250 & $2,000 are charged no "maintenance Fees" Try to figure that one out. The poorer you are, the more fees you are charged. If it is truly a "maintenance fee" it should be across the board not just for people with less money. Call it what it is : it is a Penalty Fee for not having enough money
I work in the mental health field. We work with the Homeless & indigent. The people with the least. The federal government gives them a check for $10 every month.To cover things like toothpaste or a pair of socks. Things not covered by food stamps. Most have no bank accounts. TD Bank will cash that $10 check: for a non bank fee of $5.

What kind of system is this. I have banked at TD for 30 years, through all their various incarnations. I am angry and stupefied. I just bought 5 boxes of checks last month. Can I afford to lose the $60 I paid for them? I may have to.
TD Bank is not a bank I would recommend to anyone.
How dare Mitt Romney say that Corporations are people. If so they are people with no souls.
I will reblog this post daily....into perpetuity so that as many people as humanly possible can read it.  By the way TD Bank gave me back $9 in fees, which next month they will take back $4........

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it’s Stephanie from TD Bank. We appreciated the opportunity to connect with you yesterday in regards to this. We’re here to help if you’d like to discuss further. You can email us at service@td.com (Attn: Social Media) or DM us on Twitter @tdbank_US and we’d be happy to connect. Thanks, ^SC

    ReplyDelete