Moments of escape can be moments of clarity!

"Oh, had I but followed the Arts"-William Shakespeare

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Bits & Bobs and "The room where it happens"

As I say good bye to the last vestiges of winter and the promise of summer reveals itself, I start to collect books by my bedside for those warm Summer evenings. Along with John Connolly, Kathy Reichs and James Lee Burke, I have a few from Richard North Patterson.   I just finished his novel "ESCAPE THE NIGHT" which didn't disappoint in the  shock and suspense department.


John Carey was brought up hard and carried that into adulthood. His drive to prove his worth, brought out a ruthlessness which extended into every aspect of his life. He knew from the time he started working for the largest publishing company in Manhattan, Van Dreelen, that one day he would own it all. His quest for power overshadowed everything, including his family. The only attention he paid to his two sons was to pit them against each other for the inheritance of the company he held dear, above all else.  The animosity this forced competition created between his sons Philip and Charles had disastrous and desdly results not only for the two brothers, but for the next generation.
ESCAPE THE NIGHT had so many twists and turns leaving me wondering what was around the next corner. Richard North Patterson is the king of Intrigue and espionage. He is right up there with Robert Ludlum and John Le Carre. If you are a fan of either of them, you will love Richard North Patterson.

When I'm not reading, I'm still working creatively. It's been a full few months. I continue to push past the stumbling blocks of working  in this Industry in Maine.  I have been able to work with some creative and visionary women in Film. I just finished a short Film for the upcoming Bluestocking Film Festival. I'm excited about this film. 
I also had the pleasure of working on the first season of a strange and hilarious web series focusing on the wacky employees of the fictional "Jeff Lynne's Discreet Investigations". Fun and laughter ensued. For more news on these projects, you can follow @GitgoFilms, @eiayay or @Bluestckng.


When I'm not acting or reading, I always find time for all things musical. I am currently listening to THE BUCKINGHAMS . A group that was definitely underrated, musically and lyrically. As a singer, I am always looking for tunes that stand the test of time and are easy to tweek and make your own. Many of the BUCKINGHAMS songs fit the bill beautifully.






I am also unashamed to say that I have fallen down the #HamiltonHole.  It's been a long time since I have had a Soundtrack playing on my ipod continuously. 
One of my favorite tunes (although they're many) is "Say No To This." Their is something about the combination of the chord progression and the lyric that I find infectious. It's just a really well written and fun Soundtrack. But I warn you, people are going to look at you strangely when you find yourself walking down the street singing "It must be nice, it must be nice. To have Washington on your side."








No comments:

Post a Comment